10 May 2018
Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of NumFOCUS. All votes are reported in the form “(Y/N/A)” (in favor-Y‚ opposed-N‚ abstentions-A; e.g. “4-1-2” means “4 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions”).
Participating: Didrik Pinte, Andy Terrel, Jennifer Klay, Lorena Barba, Leah Silen
Not Attending: Ralf Gommers
Approval of Minutes from last meeting: Approved (3/0/1)
Items Voted on by Email: -
Treasurer’s Report: Q1 financial report discussed
Executive Director’s Report: -
Didrik will continue to follow up.
2. GDPR Compliance
- NF member, donor and PyData attendee data
- Opt in Consent
- Appointing an EU GDPR Coordinator
- Documentation and CRM
- Hiring an attorney who specializes in GDPR: document discussed.
3. Board meeting times
Comments from Ralf supplied by email:
- it should be a fixed day and time of the week every 2 weeks. that way he can plan ahead
- last minute shifts as for this week are undesirable, and should only be done in the future if there's no quorum
- agreeing the time of the next meeting at the end of each board meeting is unworkable
Suggestion to have a quick poll 3 days before the meeting.
- If quorum isn’t met by the end of the day, we could send another doodle poll if quorum is critical.
- Catch up meeting to be filled in on details from meeting
This suggestion is accepted, Leah will do this.
4. John D. Hunter Plotting Contest