6 Jun 2018
Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of NumFOCUS. All votes are reported in the form “(Y/N/A)” (in favor-Y‚ opposed-N‚ abstentions-A; e.g. “4-1-2” means “4 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions”).
Participating: Leah Silen, Andy Terrel, Jennifer Klay, Ralf Gommers, Lorena Barba
Not Attending: Didrik Pinte,
Approval of Minutes from last meeting: Approved (3/0/0)
Items Voted on by Email: -
Treasurer’s Report: -
Executive Director’s Report:
- Action Leah: send out the Year 1 financial and narrative reports for the Moore Diversity Grant,
- Community Alliance description: looks good, can be put online at https://www.numfocus.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor
1. Summit update
- Matthew Turk and Dan Katz volunteered
- Website created: https://github.com/numfocus/summit
- Project roadmaps will be an important part of the sustainability workshop.
2. Small Development Grants
Round 2 Small Development Grants Timeline:
- Proposal Deadline: July 16
- Notifications: August 2
- Announcement Blog: August 6
3. Board elections
Andy brought up that we have some learnings, and should do board elections right this year. He will prepare something to discuss for a next board meeting.