20 Jun 2018
Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of NumFOCUS. All votes are reported in the form “(Y/N/A)” (in favor-Y‚ opposed-N‚ abstentions-A; e.g. “4-1-2” means “4 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions”).
Participating: Lorena Barba, Andy Terrel, Jennifer Klay, Leah Silen
Not Attending: Ralf Gommers, Didrik Pinte
Approval of Minutes from last meeting: Not done
Items Voted on by Email: -
Treasurer’s Report: -
Executive Director’s Report: -
1. JuMP’s application for fiscal sponsorship
Approved (3/0/0). Note: 1 additional approval via email.
2. NumFOCUS EU update
3. Lorena’s idea for a NumFOCUS branded Open edX site
- Lorena’s platform at GW: https://openedx.seas.gwu.edu
- Lorena’s blog post explaining what Open edX is: https://www.class-central.com/report/whats-open-edx/
- Blog post on recent integrations: Jupyter-based courses in Open edX: Authoring and grading with notebooks
4. Corporate Sponsorship Prospectus
The Corporate Sponsorship Prospectus is ready to be reviewed.