13 September 2023

Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of NumFOCUS. All votes are reported in the form “(Y/N/A)” (in favor-Y, opposed-N, abstentions-A; e.g. “4-1-2” means “4 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions”).

September 13, 2023

Attending: Larry Gray, Logan Kilpatrick, James Powell, Katrina Riehl, Noa Tamir, Rosie Pongracz, Sylvain Corlay

Executive Director: Leah Silen

Not attending: Stéfan van der Walt

Open workstreams (continue to next board meeting until completed):

Requested action items (for next board meeting):

Discussion Items:

  1. Project summit follow up

    a. DISC unconference, very positive feedback

    b. Project Summit, potentially a later star

    c. Infrastructure committee meeting went well

    i.  We have an IT/DevOps hire complete
        1.  NumFOCUS DevOps Engineer - Independent Contractor Job Description
        2.  Is this a long term hire? When will the audit be
            complete? What happens after the audit?
            a.  Initial focus is HubSpot integration
            b.  \$18k to pay him from now - December
            c.  Has until EOY to show results for funding to be

    d. Share the results from the project survey

    e. Projects are still confused what services NF provides

    i.  We will be adding documents to the knowledge base
    ii. When they are onboarded, they get a list and online access.
    iii. We need a database to see what NF services they are using
         on a yearly basis (Airtable Project Dashboard, see action
  2. Trademark Infringement

  3. Board Office Hours

  4. Board—Project Allocation

    a. Pilot: Rosie will be the board contact for 3 projects

    b. Arliss will connect Rosie with 3 projects from the 12 she is meeting with in the next 2 months.

    c. Rosie will report at the end of October on the results of this pilot.

  5. Board—Corporate Sponsor Allocation

    a. Pilot: Logan will be connected to three of our existing sponsors to say thank you, connect with them, and her more

    b. Rosie will get connected to Hubspot

    c. We need more info on how projects are spending their money so we have details when we go to potential sponsors

  6. Project wishlist

    a. Request a wishlist from projects about what their money would be going towards if we get XYZ

    b. Make a doc for each project with a wish list

  7. Events Subcommittee Charter

  8. Gradual

  9. Katrina will be out after the next board meeting until end of November